Scouting for Peace and Peace for Afghanistan
1st Afghan Scouts National Peace Camp
Please join us by supporting the PARSA Afghan Scout Peace Initiative 2013
PARSA is seeking donor support for our Peace Camp scheduled for September Peace Day.
21-23 September 2013
300 people participating in total
– 200 scout members from 8 provinces as camp participants
– 20 Adult leaders and 20 volunteer leaders from 8 provinces as camp service team members
– 10 senior scout leaders and 10 junior leader from PARSA Afghan Scout program as the camp organizers
– 40 SFAS (Scouts for Afghan Scouts) Committee and internal scout volunteer
– Afghan and government Agencies
– National and international NGO’s and Companies
– National and international media
PARSA Afghan Scout National Training Center, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Peace Camp Concept
In Afghanistan, year 2013, peace still eludes the leaders of this country and our international allies. Over 60% of the population of Afghanistan is under the age of 18 years old and generations of Afghan’s have never known peace. PARSA’s Afghan Scouts program teaches Afghan youth, boys and girls to be leaders in their communities. This year our theme for all of our programs is “Peace through Scouting”. A series of merit badge programs and community service events will be conducted throughout PARSA’s Scout troops during the year. We plan on bringing together our top Scout leaders, boys and girls, for Peace Camp in September to have them participate in the national Peace Day as youth leaders. It is our belief that the youth of Afghanistan will be the Afghans that bring stability and peace to Afghanistan and evidence of this is demonstrated weekly in our local scout troops. Peace Camp will bring together our young Afghan Scouts from eight provinces and allow them to immerse themselves in training that will teach them to stand for peace in their communities.
Highlight of Activities: (Please see attached Program Agenda)
- Opening Ceremony –Festival with National singer, Performance by Youth from Circus Afsana, Sports figures and performances by Scout troops
- Video conference with Scouts from Pakistan, India, Saudia Aribia, UK and US.
- Faciliated dialogue with delegates from the Independent Peace Commission
- Facilitated dialogue with other youth leaders through the Ministry of Youth
- Afghan Scouts-led press conference during hospital visit to children damaged by the war.
- Host train-the trainer conflict-resolution workshops that can be taken back to home provinces and orphanages.
- Conduct a sports tournament that brings together kids from different segments of Afghanistan.